Invisalign for Spaced Teeth – Baytown, TX
A Clear Solution for Gaps in Your Grin
The large spaces between your teeth can be embarrassing, but you may be reluctant to try and close them if it means having to wear metal braces for the next couple of years. But with Invisalign in Baytown, you can correct the position of your teeth without having to worry about your treatment affecting your appearance. Request and appointment with Dr. Hutto today to learn more about Invisalign clear aligners and how they could help you attain your dream smile.
Why Are There Gaps in My Smile?
A perfectly straight row of teeth is ideal, but unfortunately there’s several ways they can become misaligned. Abnormally large gaps are common among patients of all ages, and they can be a result of any following issues:
- Gum disease that affects the way the teeth are positioned
- Excessive thumb-sucking or pacifier use at a young age
- Teeth that are unusually small
- Tongue thrust pushing your teeth out of position
- A missing tooth (which not only leaves a large empty space but also causes more gaps to form as other teeth drift out of position)
Am I a Candidate for Invisalign?
The proper treatment for gaps in your teeth depends on how large the empty space is. Smaller gaps can be corrected with veneers or cosmetic bonding, which will both take less time. However, larger gaps typically need to be addressed by Invisalign or traditional braces. If you’re facing a choice between these two orthodontic options, you’ll likely prefer Invisalign if you’re looking for an image-friendly treatment that produces faster results.
It’s important that every Invisalign candidate is willing to comply with the treatment plan. That means having the discipline to leave your aligners in for most of the day and maintaining excellent oral hygiene.
How Does Invisalign Work?
After a digital impression of your mouth is made, a lab will create a series of aligners for you. Each aligner is made out of a see-through plastic that’s virtually invisible when worn. When you put it in your mouth, it will gradually push the teeth towards their intended position. You need to wear your aligner for at least 22 hours every day, and after one or two weeks you’ll move on to the next one. The treatment normally takes about 12 months, and you’ll need to wear a retainer for a short time afterwards.
Benefits of Invisalign
- Clear and Comfortable: Not only is Invisalign more attractive than regular braces, but the smooth plastic aligners will cause much less irritation to your lips and cheeks.
- No Eating Restrictions: You won’t have to avoid your favorite foods; just take your aligner out before every meal.
- Fewer Visits: You’ll need to visit Dr. Hutto periodically, but since Invisalign doesn’t require the same adjustments as braces, you won’t need to make as many appointments.
- Easy Maintenance: Removable aligners are much easier to clean than an appliance that’s fixed in place in your mouth. You’ll also be able to brush and floss normally.